10 Jul 2015

Itchy fingers

It’s half past I should be asleep already and my head is buzzing. I've got itchy fingers and I think I recognise the symptoms well enough to know that if I don’t at least do a little writing today, then this anti-tiredness factor is going to drive me insane.

I have the an unformed craving to write something new; to put my fingers across the keyboard and see what comes out of this fey restless mood. I usually like what comes, even if I can’t use it immediately. Some of my best stories have come from that. This time… This time, I’m not going to do that. I’m going to go back to the story I’m writing and see what happens if I concentrate on that with this mood.

Whether it works or not is not important - the way I figure it, I’m going to win either way, because I’m doing more writing than I have in the last couple of days, and I’m doing it in the right place for the right reasons. Because putting the words down is more important than whether I get the feeling of being in the rhythm of things, I’m not going to tell you if I succeed in going into the writing zone. That’s not the important part. The important part is that I’m taking this half-insomnaic (may have made that word up too) state and done something useful with it for once.

If I’m not using the spare minutes I have during the day to write, I’ll take the  minutes I could be grabbing some gamma/alpha/whatever sleep cycles.

I need to write now.

No comments:

Post a Comment